Thursday, July 29, 2010

Dizzle of the Day - 7.29.2010

Hi friends! In order to keep myself posting more regularly, I'm going to post a piece I've designed each day and tell a story behind the design.

I'm going to kick it off with one of my newer pieces -
the blanca.


I designed this headband with the intent of it sitting atop a bride's head on her special day. I wanted to create something with a simple ruffle...so I did, and I decided I wasn't done. After wrapping the headband in satin and then placing two rows of pretty pearls, I added the coveted ruffle. I then added a puff of chiffon and some pretty net tulle...and ta da! I was happy with the result. Nothing over the top, but definitely beautiful!

Check it out in my shop HERE.

On a sad note...I'd like to say farewell to a very special man in my life, Dexter Derrow.

Dexter was the thirteen year-old Cairn Terrier that my parents surprised my brother and I with when I was a Freshman in high school. Many of our friends were scared of Dex, he had a knack for attacking people, but he LOVED the family and would never hurt us (ok, he bit almost all of us once, but he was still a sweet guy.)

This past Friday, my parents and I had to take Dex to the vet and he had to be put to sleep. It was extremely sad, but he was sick and I'm sure he is in a much better place now.

We will always love and miss you Dexter D!

Mandi

No comments:

Mandizzle