Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Bachelorette: Ali and Roberto Edition

The Bachelorette is over. Dunzo (in my best Kristin Cavallari or Stoibs Laguna Beach voice). Finito (in my best chic from Blaque voice from that scene in Bring it On. Side note - ever notice how ridonkulous that song is by Blaque? The one with JC from *NSYNC (a side, side note - I used to be OB-SESSED with him. I mean, OBSESSED.) Anyway, he actually says "are you feelin' my Timbs', my baggy jeans, my thug appeal." Really? JC Chasez and Thug Appeal. Hmm.)
Sorry, I'm making no sense.

A couple of quick Bachy Bullet Points:
  • I know, I know. I've really been lacking with my BP's this season and it's partly due to the fact that I read the spoilers (kind of accidentally). It just takes the fun out of it. I will be back on track with Bachelor Pad. Please Believe.
  • Ali's family seems really nice and down-to-earth. I really have started to like her a lot more over the season. She is a normal chic who doesn't try too hard like most of the chics out there.
  • Ali looks nothing like any member of her family.
  • It was always pretty obvious that she was going to pick Roberto. I mean he is adorable, and if he is as nice as she claims he is...than best of luck. I'm still skeptical.
  • I think it's great that she went against the producers and let Chris go before the big finale. He seems like a nice guy and I'm sure it was a lot easier than it would have been had he been humiliated after walking up those high stairs.
  • My friend Stephanie made a comment that Ali's hair is always halfway falling out of a ponytail. It's so true. During her breakup with Chris...it was halfway falling out of a ponytail. Again, I like that...makes her a lot more normal.
  • I cried. The rainbow thing made me cry.
  • Will Chris be the next Bach? I don't know. I'm sure someone does, I've been too lazy to Google.
  • Ali's finale dress was REALLY pretty.
  • Roberto sweats A LOT. I would sweat profusely too if I were in 110 degree weather (I just made that up, how do I know how hot it is in Bora Bora?) Anyway, dude is constantly sweating.
  • Cute proposal, more natural than most. Much more natural than "Monkey, will you marry me?" Bleh, gross. We all saw how long that lasted.
  • After The Final Rose - which is normally my favorite part because of the drama, really kind of sucked. Frank didn't show (not surprising), and Ali and Chris were very cordial - which I was happy about. I want to yell at Ali and Roberto and beg them not to move in together. Is it only a matter of 4 months before Ali is on tv calling Roberto a fake liar? Let's hope not. (To rewind, I can't believe I didn't bullet point about the Jake Vienna situation. That WAS AMAZEBALLS!)

Ok, finallly...this has nothing to do with our beloved Bachelorette Ali, but can we talk about how obsessed I am with some of the new OPI Swiss Collection for Fall 2010 which launched just a few days ago? Oh my gosh...truly need these colors:

Diva of Geneva


Glitzerland

Just a little Rosti at this


Lucerne-tainly look Marvelous (MY FAV!)

Ski Teal we Drop

William Tell Me About OPI (My other FAVE)



Ok, sorry for rambling. Sorry for this whole post actually. It doesn't make much sense, but whatevs. :)

Mandi

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Oooooo I love those new OPI colors! And the whole time while watching The Bachelorette, I thought for sure she wasn't going to pick ANYONE! So I WAS a little shocked that she sent Chris home early and then picked Roberto. But will it last? Eh, probably not. Chris is sweet and all but he's a wee bit boring to be the new bachelor, in my opinion. And my friends and I kept saying that Ali must be adopted! She looked NOTHING like anyone in her family! She definitely got the pretty genes in that family. What? Is that rude to say? Oh well!

Mandizzle